2020 Youth Summer Camps
TCRC’s rowing camps are designed to teach and improve fundamental rowing technique, mental aspects of racing & training, and overall strength & flexibility.
This Summer due to Covid 19, space for each week is very limited. Until regulations for social distancing are lifted, the campers will be sculling in singles unless they have a sibling in the camp, in which case they can row in a 2x/-.
To get started with registration you must complete this form:
This will NOT secure your childs spot in the camp.
Once we receive your request, we will fill your child into the weeks if there is space available. You will then receive an email confirming weeks, a link for you to pay and a waiver to complete online. This process is first come, first served so don't hestitate.
Payments are due by June 1 or before the week of camp begins if you register after June 1.
Dates and Weeks:
Week 1: June 1 - 5
Week 2: June 8 - 12 FULL as of 5/25
Week 3: June 15 - 19
Week 4: June 22 - 26
June 29 - July 3 week OFF for the July 4th Holiday
Week 5: July 6 - 10
Week 6: July 13 - 17
Week 7: July 20 - 24
Location: 771 SW 28th St, Palm City, FL 34991
Inclement Weather Policy: If there is inclement weather which prevents the team from rowing on the water or exercising on land outside of the boathouse, we will cancel the session. There will not be a make up session and no refunds.
SAFETY FIRST, some rules for campers:
1. If your child is displaying any sings of illness they are NOT permitted to attend the session until completely healthy.
2. All campers will be given the official TCRC Neck Gaiter. Campers MUST wear a neck gaiter to the session which they will have up over their nose and mouth while on land. Once the camper gets to water OR if on land, gets to their workout station, they may take the gaiter down.
3. NO congregating in the boathouse.
4. One person in the bathroom and shower room at a time. Come ready to row in clean light clothing.
5. Wear a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, long sleeved sun protection shirt, tighter shorts or spandex, socks, crocs and sneakers.
Focus: An introduction to rowing fundamentals in sculling and land training. Increase endurance, strength and mental focus.
Halifax Regatta: At this point we are not sure there will be a regatta but if there is we will only be taking returning rowers or new rowers who complete over 4 weeks including week 7. If your new rower is not ready to race in single then they will not be boated. Rowing a single is hard to learn in four weeks and racing is even harder. Safety is our TOP priority!
Monday - Friday
Arrive at 7:55 am, 8 - 10:15 a
Choose any combination of weeks. Payment is due by the first day of camp.
1 week: $150
2 weeks: $285 (5% off)
3 weeks: $423 (6% off)
4 weeks: $558 (7% off)
5 weeks: $690 (8% off)
6 weeks: $819 (9% off)
7 weeks: $893 (15% off)
Multiple kid discount if both kids are participating in the FULL CAMP OPTION: (only one discount allowed)
2 kids use code SUMMER2 for 10% off
3 kids use code SUMMER3 for 15% off.
*The kids must be from the same family.
**Refunds will only issued for injury or for family emergency and will need to be approved by the Head Coach by emailing Stefanie Falkner at firstname.lastname@example.org
After receiving confirmation via email:
1. Download iCrew Rowing app and click this link to register, using TCRC as the club code.
2. Make a profile for the rower, completing all fields. At least one parent will need to make their own profile so they can have access and receive communication from the coaching staff.
3. Your rower will be added into the weeks they have registered.
4. All new rowers, parents must complete the liablility the waiver.
5. All medical concerns need to be brought to the coaches attention.
What to Bring/Wear?
Reusable Water Bottle and if you own metal water bottle cover it with a sock to protect the boat from damage.
Wear light colored fitness clothes, tight spandex shorts (not loose fitting)
Running shoes, socks
REMEMBER TO EAT BEFORE CAMP